Job: Development and Grants Manager
Working Partnerships USA seeks an experienced grant writer and project manager to join our team. Our Grants Manager will support and implement the fundraising strategy to raise and steward grant funding and sponsorships from foundations, corporations, and other institutional sources. The most crucial part of their job is to coordinate the process for the development of and write successful letters of inquiry, proposals and other applications for support and reporting on our grant awards. This position requires a methodological and analytical approach, sound judgment and strong writing and project management skills. They also need to be able to provide clear and timely communication of process, timeline, and progress of foundation, corporate and government funding relationships. The Grants Manager will report directly to the Development Director, participate as part of the Development Team, and work collaboratively with our executive, communications, policy, organizing and finance/administrative teams.
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities, equitable growth and a democracy that works for all. We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising, which is fighting to inspire the tech industry to build an inclusive, middle class.
- Develop, write, and manage the successful submission of grant inquiries, proposals, and other funding applications, and reporting
- Coordinate and oversee the use, collaboration of staff, and work of grant writers, when needed to produce and submit successful applications
- Execute a plan for an efficient and effective grants management and administration processes including researching and identifying likely prospective grant application opportunities, making inquiries, application, acknowledgment, payments, tracking, evaluation, and reporting; Incorporate the use and regular maintenance of our grantshubonline database to support our grants management and administration processes
- Ensure key staff are aware of upcoming deadlines and deliverables relevant to their roles in the grant application and reporting processes, manage a shared calendar of grants management activities that support our compliance and stewardship for foundation, corporate, government and sponsorship gift agreements, thereby ensuring the smooth communication and completion of grant management responsibilities across the organization
- Support Development Team production of our annual fundraising event, Champions for Change, and coordinate and produce sponsorship solicitations, invoices, and acknowledgments as well as support event management, marketing and communication goals as needed
- Provide support to the executive director, development team, and board to provide data, materials and other activities that help their roles following through on fundraising tasks and activities, as needed
- Support development team cultivation and stewardship strategies particularly maintaining an up to date list of contacts for funders, the production, and packaging of current marketing and programmatic materials, and digital and online strategies in collaboration with our communications team
- Experience as part of a development or fundraising team, writing successful applications for support, and writing reports for funders or external reviewers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; solid skills organizing and presenting information in person and in writing
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with demonstrated experience in managing administrative projects, producing quality products on time, and engaging the collaboration of co-workers and staff across departments and functions.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and provide administrative support to executive and development teams.
- Experience working with basic financial information including reading and developing budgets and recording financial transactions and other information.
- Strong ability to work under pressure; judgement and confidence to identify when to ask for help
- Strong proficiency in computer skills and digital literacy, including proficiency in social media (facebook, twitter)
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to our mission of building a multi-racial, feminist democracy and economy for all.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
- Lift approximately 20-25 lbs. on occasion.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Stand and move throughout the office.
- Have consistent and reliable attendance.
- Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
- High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Auditory and visual sills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation & Location
This position is based in San Jose, California. Annual salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000 based on experience. Generous benefits package, including full family health insurance and 401(k). This is a full-time, exempt position and an excellent opportunity for those seeking career advancement over time.
Working Partnerships USA is an affirmative action employer, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. We therefore make special efforts to recruit individuals from groups that are historically under-represented in professional environments, or that suffer broader societal discrimination.